The MIMS Mentor Program pairs post-secondary students and graduates with a health professional or health professional student for a 6-month period. This program is designed to give participants access to individual mentorship, webinars and additional resources that will provide a competitive edge as participants prepare to apply to health professional school.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Cohorts every 6 months
Programming Dates: Next Cohort September 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the daily start and end times of the internship?
Answer: Varies. Depends on you and your mentor
2. May I work or school while participating in the internship?
3. Is housing offered?
Answer: No housing is provided.
4. Are meals provided?
5. Will I be reimbursed for my transportation expenses?
6. I am having trouble uploading my resume and/or transcript. What should I do?
Answer: Make sure that you are uploading the document in a word or PDF format. If you are still unable to upload the document, please email our coordinator, Jennifer, at email@example.com and describe the specific problem you are having.
7. Do I need to be a U.S. citizen to apply?
Answer: No. Applicants are considered regardless of their immigration status
8. Do I have to reside in the Bay Area?
Answer: All high school applicants must reside in the SF Bay Area. College students do not need to reside in the Bay Area but priority will be given to college students currently residing and/or originally from Oakland, California