Mentoring in Medicine & Science believes in the value of quality mentorship relationships. We could not further our mission to increase diversity in the health field without the dedication of our trained mentor team and the drive of our participants to enter the health workforce. The MIMS Mentor Program is designed to meet the needs of current college, post-baccalaureate students and graduates. The 12-month program pairs aspiring health professionals from underrepresented backgrounds with a practicing health professional or health professional school students. Over the 12-month period, mentees will be expected to check in with their mentor once a quarter. These interactions can take place in person or via phone/social media. Participants will receive support and advice on their short-term and long-term educational, career, personal and professional development goals. If you are interested in participating in the program please follow the link below and complete the form.
What to Expect:
- Matching with a current health mentor
- Quarterly (at a minimum) engagement with your mentor
- Possible opportunity to shadow health professional in a clinical setting (based on availability and your completion of any health clearance and hospital/clinic requirements)
- Opportunity to participate in webinars and in-person events focused on supporting you in your journey to becoming a health professional
- Updates on pre-health related jobs and program opportunities