Applications for the 2019-2020 Mentor Program are now closed.
Mentoring in Medicine & Science believes in the value of quality mentorship relationships. We could not further our mission to increase diversity in the health field without the dedication of our trained mentor team and the drive of our participants to enter the health workforce. The MIMS Mentor Program is designed to meet the needs of current college, post-baccalaureate students and graduates. The 12-month program pairs aspiring health professionals from underrepresented backgrounds with a practicing health professional or health professional school students. Over the 12-month period, mentees will be expected to check in with their mentor once a quarter. These interactions can take place in person or via phone/social media. Participants will receive support and advice on their short-term and long-term educational, career, personal and professional development goals.
What to Expect:
- Matching with a health professional mentor
- Quarterly (at a minimum) engagement with your mentor
- Possible opportunity to shadow health professional in a clinical setting (based on availability and your completion of any health clearance and hospital/clinic requirements)
- Note: Shadowing a health professional is not guaranteed
- Updates on pre-health related jobs and program opportunities
What We Expect From Participants:
- Quarterly report completed via online reporting system
- Completion of a health clearance process
- Participation in quarterly in-person events that will will support you in your journey to becoming a health professional