Applications for the 2021-2022 Mentor Program will open Monday, September 20th, 2021!
Mentoring in Medicine & Science believes in the value of quality mentorship relationships. We could not further our mission to increase diversity in the health field without the dedication of our trained mentor team and the drive of our participants to enter the health workforce. The MIMS Mentor Program is designed to meet the needs of current college, post-baccalaureate students and graduates. The 6-month program pairs aspiring health professionals from underrepresented backgrounds with a practicing health professional or health professional school students. Over the 6-month period, mentees will be expected to check in with their mentor twice. These interactions can take over any virtual medium. Participants will receive support and advice on their short-term and long-term educational, career, personal and professional development goals.
What We Expect From Participants:
- Application opens: September 20th, 2021
- Application closes: October 15th, 2021
- Interview decisions released: October 20th, 2021
- Interviews: October 25th-November 5th, 2021
- Admissions decisions released: November 12th, 2021
- Mentor Program Kick-Off Zoom Event (required for all participants): November 19th, 2021